Thursday, April 8, 2010

Turkey Meatball Stew

Well everyone, I know it has been a while since I've done a low cal recipe!  So sorry for that but things have just been kinda crazy!!  I leave for Florida in 37 days!! SO ready for it!!  I just want this semester to end already!  I have really no motivation do to anything school related right now! haha!  Oh well, guess I'll just suffer through haha.
So I go a sample in the mail the other day for Kashi cereal - it was their berry one (like the only one with out almonds haha)  So I decided to try it yesterday for break fast.....yeah didn't like it very much haha.  Not to mention one serving has 190 calories in it, then you top it with the calories in milk...yeah no.  I'll stick to my Special K - with milk it's 190 calories.  That way I can eat some type of fruit with breakfast as well with out over doing it with the calories!!
As far as my weight goes it hasn't budged, but I've lost a few inches.  1 1/2 around my belly - which is my largest part on me,  1/2" in my neck, about an inch in my arm, one inch around my chest, 1/2" around my hips, and 1/2" in my thigh.  So woo!!  That's good news haha!  Good to see some of my effort is doing something haha!
My weak spot is still the whole working out thing :-p  I still am doing the barn work twice a week, prob 3X a week now so I can be out there for shorter times.  My allergies are so bad right now - darn you spring time!  But maybe doing it 3X a week will give my body a better work out?  Who knows haha.  I still do sit ups and all that sometimes; I need to be more consistant with that one haha!  Bathing suit time is right around the corner....I am not excited for that one haha!  Oh well though right?
Ok so I'll get on with last nights dinner!  Turkey Meatball Stew!  So good!!  The recipe that I"m going to give you makes 2 servings of 422 calories each - I know one of my more calories dinner but it was so good!  It's still a good amount of calories though!!  Ok so on with the recipe!

Turkey Meat Ball Stew


6 oz ground lean turkey meat
1 egg
1/2 C bread crumbs
1 T onion powder
1 T garlic powder
1 t salt
1 t peper
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 can beef broth
1 carrot
1 celery stock
1/4 yellow onion
1/2 potato
2 cloves garlic

Ok so we start out with making the meatballs.  In a bowl mix the ground turkey meat, bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and peper.  Best way to mix it is to mix it with your hands.  If it seems too wet still add some more bread crumbs.  Then form the balls into about 1/2 inch diameter balls. Take and put oil in a pan and heat on medium heat.  Add meatballs to the pan.  Make sure to turn meatballs as they cook to get an even golden brown color on all sides.  It takes about 10 minutes for them to fully cook.
While the meatballs are cooking, in a crockpot (slow-cooker)  pour in the beef broth.  Chop the carrot, celery, onion and potato into bite size pieces and add.  Mince up garlic and add to the pot.  Turn the pot onto low (if you have 6-8 hrs to let it cook) or high (3-4 hrs to cook).
When meatballs are done cooking take out and drain on a paper towel.  Let sit for about 1/2 an hr.  Then add to the crock pot!  Let cook and meld together for several hours depending on the temp you set the slow cooker at.
Then just serve up and enjoy!!!

This was such a good meal for a cooler day, or a day that you are going to be busy all day cause you can always make the meat balls the day before then just add to the stew the day that you want it.  So easy and simple!!!



*Just as a heads up, I'm getting ready to start a new blog on top of this one.  It will be about my Disney College program and the adventures that I have during it.  So I'll post the link for it here soon as soon as I get it all set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment