Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lemon basil butter pasta with stuffed clams

Ok so hopefully that title drew you into today's post haha!  That's right, that's what I had for dinner and it was AMAZING!! Now your prob thinking to your self, that has to have like thousands of calories!!!! NOPE!!  One serving has *drum role please* 250 calories!!  Yeah you heard me right 250!  I think this is my lowest calorie dinner I have come up with so far!  Go me! haha!
So before I give you the recipe I shall ramble on about my day, I know you love it haha.  Today I got to sleep in and it felt amazing; I have gotten to do that in a long while!  After I finally got up I went and did my laundry at the laundry matt then got groceries for the week ahead.  At home I dusted, cleaned my fan (it was so full of dust that it needed done) cleaned my kitchen and finished my physics homework.  Wow what a productive day!!  Then I made my amazing dinner and am watching the Oscars!  I wish I had a thing to dress up for like that haha!  Wouldn't that be great?? 
So my major goal for the week: start doing my tae bo dvd that I have!   It will be a good push for my work out routine!  I really want to push my weight loss!  My best friend and I are planning a road trip to vegan then to cali at the end of May so I want to look fabulous for it! 
I weighed in this morning and I'm back down!  Remember that I gained some weight when I first started working out ( prob a result of some muscle build) so now that I got it back down I'm ready to keep dropping!!  I'm doing my second week of the Special K challenge which I have grown to love doing becasue it's so easy to do on the go!!
Ok ok ok, so on to tonight's dinner! 

Lemon butter pasta with stuffed clams

3/4 C Whole wheat pasta
3 T butter
1 T flour
1/2 C milk (low fat 2% or lower)
1 T lemon juice
2 T basil (fresh or tubed)
1/2 t salt
2 stuffed clams

Cook pasta according to directions. 
Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.  Add flour and whisk together.  Let cook for a couple of minutes on a soft simmer, be sure to stir to keep from burning.  Add milk and whisk until smooth.  Wisk in lemon juice, basil and salt.  Let simmer for 5 minutes.
If you pre bought stuffed clams and need to heat them up:  Add the clams to the milk mixture and cover with lid.  Let simmer in there for 5 minutes while heating up the oven on broil.  Take clams out of sauce and place in a baking pan and broil for 5 minutes.  Your sauce will be fine during this time if you turn it down on low and just let it be. 
After clams and pasta are done, place the drained pasta in the pan with the sauce and toss.  Take out and place on plate, and place clams ontop. Enjoy!



This made enough for two serving and I can't say enough how amazing it is!!  My biggest thing I have to say is that I love tossing the pasta with the sauce then putting it on the plate, instead of pouring the sauce over the pasta.  this keeps you from using too much of it!  And trust me that you will most likely not use all of the sauce for the two servings!!  When eating it I would take out some of the stuffed clam and get some pasta and eat it all together!  The mix of the lemon and basil with the clams is just spectacular!
If you don't like stuffed clams, you can also use: shrimp, scallops, plain clams, or any type of fish.  I guess you could also do this dish with chicken if you really wanted.  Any of these choices are still really healthy and great for you!!
I hope you all enjoy this out there and I look forward to the rest of the week becasue like I've mentioned time and time again, I have an amazing menu planned out, and this is just the start of it!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi :-)
    The Lemon butter pasta with stuffed clams recipe
    looks great and it is amazing that it has only 250 calories.
    Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete