Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Biggest Looser

So tonight was the first night I've actually watched this show...I know I know where have I been?? haha. And it was actually a really good show. It's kinda inspiring I must say haha.
Anyways, I'm back from Spring Break! Over break i wasn't too good....but I didn't gain any weight so that's a plus! Watching this show reminded me that I made a pledge in the pound for pound challenge! I pledged to loose 30 lbs so I must do that!!!!!! I really do need to get on working out! No more excuses! Another thing that is inspiring me to loose weight is that I got accepted into the Disney College Program!!! WOOO!!!! I"ll be going to Florida for 6 months starting the end of May! I"m so excited!! I do want to loose weight for it! Another thing is that I got the victoria's secret catalog the other day and I love their summer clothing!! I know that they come in my size, but I want to loose weight and look absolutely fabulous if I am to get them!
So the weather here is insane!! it was near 70 degrease yesterday and now there's 8" of snow of the ground and still going! Gotta love spring time in Colorado!!! The biggest problem with our spring snows is how heavy it is! But it's also good becasue it means a lot of moisture!
So I have two recipes for you all tonight, but no pictures of either. Both meals were kinda bland looking so I didn't take the pics haha. :-) Trust me though they were both delicious!!!

Ranch chicken nuggets

chicken breast (cut into bite size pieces and skinned)
1 cup corn flakes
1 T ranch powder mix
1 egg (white only)

Heat oven to 425
crush cornflakes and mix with ranch dressing
whip up egg white slightly
Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture and then in cornflak mixture.
Place on cookie sheet that is prepared with foil and a cooling rack.
Place chicken on cooling rack and spray with cooking spray (this makes them crunchy)
Bake for 20 minutes
enjoy

Everyone loves chicken nuggets!! and these were really good! There was about 252 calories in these and I paired them with some mashed potatos that were about 100 calories. So there's a 352 calorie meal not bad! Now I would have done green beans or something like that as well but I"m working on cleaning out my fridge and pantry before I move out in less than 2 months!!

Basil Salmon and Rice


Salmon filet

4 T butter (I use I can't believe it's not butter fat free)
2 T basil (can use fresh as well)
2 T lemon juice
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t salt
1/4 C rice (uncooked)
1/2 C water

Turn broiler on. Combine water, 1 T butter, 1 T basil and 1 T of lemon juice in a sauce pan. Bring to boil, add rice, cover, and turn on low - cook for 15 minutes
Melt remaining butter, add rest of basil, and lemon juice. Add onion powder, garlic powder, and salt to mixture.
Lay salmon in a small baking dish (just big enough for the salmon) and cover with the butter mixture. Broil for 10 minutes.
Place salmon on top of rice mixture.
enjoy!!

This was really good and refreshing! I just love the combination of lemon and basil! Such a good taste!! This meal is prob close to only 300 calories or less. So really good for you. Not to mention the benefits that salmon has!! It's great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment