Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm back with Firey Fish Tostadas!!

Finally I am able to eat again!!  Haha!  Thank goodness, I can get back on track with my loosing weight!  Still a slight cough so I can't really go run a mile, but I can do at last some stuff haha.  So this past weekend was an alright weekend; stayed at home with my little sister while my parents left town to celebrate Valentines day.  So I can say that my weekend eating was not very good...oh well right? 
Well since this past weekend was Valentines day I got the chance to really look at the day and instead of despising it like I usually do because I'm usually single over the holiday I attempted to take a new out look on it.  I saw it as a day to celebrate love, not only of a significant other, but family and friends.  I would not be where I am today without their love and support and I'm very thankful for all of them.  
Anyways on from that subject I won't bore you with a sap story haha.  Tonight I got the idea to make fish tacos healthy.  And it really turned out well!!  I called it Firey Fish Tostadas! Here's the recipie for you at home:

3 oz salmon fillet
1 T taco seasoning
1 small whole wheat tortialla
2 T sour cream
3 T black beans
1/4 C salsa
Small hand full cheese
Cole slaw mix (no sauce) 

Cover salmon fillet with taco seasoning and let sit for about 3 minutes. Grill Salmon filet either either in grill pan or on grill. Grill on each side for about 4 minutes each.
Crisp up tortilla in pan by spraying cooking spray on either side and toasting on med heat for about 2-3 mins on each side.
Heat up black beans in microwave for about 1/2 a minute
Assembly:
Place tortilla on plate, put black beans on top of it. Top with cole slaw mix, sour cream, salsa and cheese. Top with salmon fillet. Enjoy!!
 This only has about 300 calories in it and trust me it's plenty to eat!! I couldn't finish it all!
Now just keep remembering that this is only one serving.  A tip if your making it for more than one person you can take your tortilla and spray both sides with cooking spray.  Place on a cooling rack on a cookie sheet and place under the broiler.  Just be sure you keep an eye on it so that they don't burn!!  Also if you do not like black beans you can use any type of bean that you want.   Also instead of salmon you can use tilapia or even chicken.  I guess you could even use beef.... What ever you want!! Enjoy and stay healthy!!!  Also the red splotches on the fish are just added hot sauce because I really wanted spice!

Michele



Note: Sorry the pictures are such bad quality, I take them with my phone.  I really need to get out my camera and start taking really good pictures of my food haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment