Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Beef Stroganoff (healthy style :-) )

So tonight I actually cooked something haha.  And I found my camera so I have decent pics of it!!  Tonight I used my left over pot roast from the other day to make beef stroganoff.  Such a good comfort food for a cold night!  Before giving the recipe I just have to say that I was better today about eating right, although I really didn't eat enough today.  I got caught up studying.  I have 2 more exams to go this week!  Then the weekend, where I get to study for Ornithology.....Spring Break can't come soon enough!! 
On another note I have a phone interview next Thursday with Disney!!!  I'm hoping to go do their internship program from June-January.  Should be so much fun!!  Just another incentive for me to want to loose weight!!  FLORIDA!! haha!  Ok well I really don't have much else to say today, so here's my recipe!

Healthy Beef Stroganoff

4 oz left over pot roast (or you can cook it through the day, mine also had cooked carrots with it)
1/2 C chicken broth (or if you have beef broth, I just had chicken broth)
1 serving of whole wheat pasta ( mine was about 1 C)
1 T flour
4 T water
salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to box directions.  In pot bring chicken broth to a boil.  When it's boiling add pot roast so the flavors can meld together.  let simmer for about 10 minutes.  In a separate bowl mix water and flour together this is called a rue.  Take and mix the rue and chicken broth together, continue to simmer for about 5 more minutes.  Salt and pepper to taste. 
Mix pasta in with the gravy and beef and enjoy!!


The first pic is the pasta I used, the second is the rue, and the third is the finished dish.  I know it's not so pretty but it sure is good!!! I hope you enjoy it!  Just to let you all know that this makes a lot for one serving, I couldn't finish it all!!!!  Total calorie count is about 420, and I know this is more than my usual dishes but I made up for it during the day by cutting down on calories there, I just planned a head for it!!  ENJOY!


Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment